about the role
We believe that great design is the heart of our agency. It is essential to our ability to deliver work that truly stands out. We are looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join our growing, award-winning team. You would be working closely with our current design team, management, and broader marketing team to create new brands, concepts, UX & UI for websites, apps, digital assets, and campaigns.
This role brings a great variety of work, and no day will be the same. It’s an exciting and vibrant environment, creating work with an award-winning team that challenges the norm and encourages people to be brave and think big. We are looking for a Senior Designer who has built up the experience to date. And who now wants to use that experience to further your career and grow with a supportive team.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating the highest quality creative designs
- Carrying conceptual work through to finished artwork with strong attention to detail
- Internal and client workshops to resolve design briefs, concept best solutions and present designs of final products.
- Creative, design and roll-out for Brand, Website Design, App Design, Social Media Assets, Advertising Campaigns, Competition & promotional campaigns, and marketing collateral
- You will gain a deep understanding of our clients’ brands’ visual and creative landscape, with the ability to translate into commercial, aspirational, and consistent visual outcomes.
- Cross-platform design and UI for multiple devices (Mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Execute designs across various customer touchpoints and channels to maintain brand consistency and ensure brand guardianship when working with partners to deliver end-to-end solutions for clients
- Work with our account managers to plan and efficiently work to deliver projects by their deadlines
- Present and communicate with clients where necessary
- Developing engaging content for social media, digital campaigns, email marketing and working with the teams that execute these campaigns and work for our clients
- Working with other designers and collaborating on projects, including in-house passion projects
- You may even have designed and created content – be it curated for social or coordinated production shoots for photography or videography to support digital, print and collateral artwork
- Being a positive role model to the team, especially junior designers, by demonstrating skills and providing guidance & support so that the team can grow and learn from you.
- Keep up with the latest design trends and share findings with the team.
- Promote good team morale and ensure a healthy work culture aligned with the agency’s vision and strategic outlook.
- We want to hear from people who have:
- 5+ years of experience with a focus on digital design
- Digital/Design Degree or equivalent qualification
- Strong portfolio, which includes brand & website projects
- Deep knowledge of designing for digital channels
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles and digital design, UX and possibly even Cx
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate ideas to the team and client and know the steps to achieve them
- You take ownership and responsibility to complete work with close attention to detail.
- Experience with Figma, Invision or other prototyping tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
Our people are our number one focus. We believe everyone – no matter their role – should be nurtured and heard, and have the opportunity to influence our work, our environment and our agency. We want our people to be the most knowledgeable and confident in the room.
We aim to recruit, retain and engage the most talented people by adopting inclusive work practices and investing in our people so that they can do great work for our clients.
At welcome our mission is to build and foster an inclusive culture of belonging, one that is equitable and respectful of diverse thought and individual expression. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and a safe and healthy work environment. Those aren’t just words. Our values underpin the whole business. We believe that we are in the best position to support our clients, your team and the agency, if we support you. We believe in a holistic approach to wellbeing that helps our people to live a balanced life.
We also offer:
- Lot’s of perks and benefits come with the job, including ongoing training & development, lots of social events, industry events & conferences, flexible working, creative working space on city fringe and much more.
- You would be working with a team of inspired, motivated and fun co-workers
- Genuine opportunities for career growth and promotion
- A growing agency, with ambitious global expansion plans
apply for this role